RSS readers and podcatchers

Hi,

I must be one of the last people on Earth to dip my towe in both of these particular ponds, but I am finally doing it and would like suggestions of software to use for reading RSS feeds and downloading podcasts. I've found Snownews for RSS feeds and plan on looking at it (it sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for). Have not investigated podcatching at all.

I'm looking for text-mode software, not Gnome. I run Debian but am happy to compile from sources.

Thanks,
Geoff.