Re: pdf documents

Fine, but that doesn't help us non-programmers like me. I admit that I haven't looked at the source but I wouldn't know what I'm looking at anyway. I took a brief look but it meant nothing to me. Again, I'm not trying to pirate or anything else, I just want equal access to pdf documents without using an OCR package. The OCR package I used in the past created errors that weren't in the original document.

Mike Gorse wrote:
pdftotext has a few lines of code that simply check the permission bits, and, if they are set to disallow copying, print an error message and exit.