Re: setting speakup to certain settings

On 2/12/2007 7:38 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Your script is probably correct, but please remember you don't yet have a script just a text file. Now if you make that text file executable, then it becomes a script. So, chmod 755 script.sh as root then try

I started reading a bash scripting guide and found that out.
Thanks.

running it again. Also putting such scripts into /usr/local/bin can make them accessible to everyone on the system and protect them from yum

I don't use yum but yes. Actually I put it in /bin/speakup. Is that ok? And I modified /etc/profile so that /bin/speakup was in my path.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx