Re: Awhich distro?

Hi,
posting this again as I did not note that it reached the list?
karen

 I realize there is more than one screen reader Linux wise, so am posting a  variation on my question to  this list.
When i began reading on this list and the speakup one it was 2004, and I feel sure times have changed.
 As a result let me ask the following.
 I do not wish if I can help it to compile allot of programs, or not at
 first, preferring a distro with as many packages included as possible.  I
 will be using a Dec talk express on a machine with a real serial port.  i
 will also be using whatever Linux distro I choose as the second os, with
 DOS being my main operating system.
 I understand that spider monkey?, is needful for some of the more java
 script related browsers, but have no memory of it discussed here...not
 saying it has not been.
 I desire being able to listen to streaming audio, I suppose capture in a
 simple way.
 Will welcome ftp too, although some of that can be done on shellworld,
 perhaps  a way to send something to my shellworld ftp for sending to
 someone else, or taking down some of my files from shellworld via ftp.
 The machine I will use has already a 20gb hard drive, and I must leave
 some space for my present c and d drives in my present Dos machine.
 I realize I may want to get a larger drive before trying the Linux part of
 my life, but  may not have time before I move, so want to know what I am
 in for.
 I will keep many functions in Dos  like my word processing, etc.
 Now that I have been i really hope more clear, which do I need debian or
 Fedora, or something else?
 Which screen reader has the best support for the dec express?
 Forgive me if this is baby stuff, but I want to make an informed decision
in advance while acting quickly as the basic work on mynew macine isgoing
on this weekend.

 Thanks,
 Karen