Ubuntu live 7.4

Hi,
I decided to go for the Ubuntu live cd and I installed from the live cd with remarkable ease. I'll have to get hold of the BRLTTY 3.8 package for the version on Ubuntu is still 3.72 I haven't gotten the network up and running yet, so I'll have to download it from my windows pc. Is there a spesific type of assembly I have to look for to be sure it will run under ubuntu, or should I rather get the source and compile it myself?
Any ideas welcome,
Thanks,
Matthys