Two out of three ain't bad

Well, I have my first very, very preliminary attempt at making a live rescue disk done. Version 0.0.0.0.0.1. I was able to boot it on 2 of the 3 computers I tried. Two out of three ain't bad. It comes up speaking and I was able to fdisk a hard drive with it. I'm not actually suggesting you try it yet unless you are really, really desperate. But if you want to give it a whirl, you can download the iso at

http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/stuff/cdrom.iso

You will have to log in as root with the password blindI. Note the capital I.

The password is one idea I had for the name. My ideas for names:

1. blindI -- as in "blind install". It doesn't look as if blindi is a word in any language so it would be easy to google.

2. marcol -- A guy who played for the Packers in the 70s. This happens to be the name of the machine I started the project on

3. grmln -- It would be pronounced "gremlin". Also easy to google.

Actually, version 0.0.0.0.1 isn't based off grml. I made the iso via bootcdwrite. But I am thinking going back to trying to modify the grml iso might be smarter. I tried modifying my live CD from the "Fully Automated Install" open source project. I'd already modified it to add speech. But it boots off an NFS mounted root. I thought I could put the root on the CD fairly easily but I couldn't figure that out. So that approach turned out to be a dead end.

Advice, comments welcome.