speakup 6.20 kernel, what can I have done wrong?

Hello!

I have got a problem with building kernel with speakup.

I'm using fedora core 6.

I build the kernel with speakup support installed with the software synthesizer driver.
Then i put that bzimage in /boot, and edit the configuration for grub so that it says bzImage instead of the vmlniuz 6.18 thing that was there before.
And now linux just doesn't boot.

What could be wrong with my configuration?

/Kristoffer