buying braille display

I am thinking of buying a braille display. I don't know anyone who has one of those things and i don't know anything about them. The more I read up on them, the more dizzying number of choices there seems to be. If I make the wrong choice, it's buckets of money down the tubes.

So I'm looking for recommendations on what to consider and on individual displays. Do you have a braille display you like? What about these things that double as note takers?

--
John Heim
jheim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx