Re: fedora vs. Debian?

Hi again, there's one more thing I forgot to mention. I don't know about Fedora but Debian discourages non-free, non-GPL software. This is generally not a problem but you might find certain packages aren't supported or even available through Debian because they are not considered free. RealPlayer comes to mind but you have Helix instead. The F-Prot virus scanner is another example. There is an installer only but the actual software isn't included. Qmail is another example. You can get the source and it will build a package for you but you can't get a supported binary package. A 3rd party offers a binary package but it's not part of Debian.