Converting .rm2mp3?

I used m player to rip an audio stream. I want to convert it from a dot rm to an mp3. I first tried wedit, its wed2mp3 did convert, but I lost alot of quality, especially highs. Chuck suggested I try wed2ogg where I could select type of quality. Well, with this also, quality lost. I then tried lame. All I got was white noise. The manual I think mentions a -s or sfrq option. Anyway, are their other programs maybe a bit simpler which will convert, keeping the high-frequencies? With m player, I wish I could use the -dumpstream and make an mp3 on the fly from the stream.
Thanks in advance for tips-and-trix
Hart