Re: how to compile festival with native alsa support?

No, you don't need emacspeak to use yasr with flite or festival. Eflite uses the protocol used by emacspeak but does not require it to be present. Sorry--can't answer your other question.

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --