Re: making distros like Asterisk at Home talkfrominstallupthroughdaily use

I'm thinking that might be the case. I bet I'd probably find some feature I want that the GUI doesn't support, and only the guys who made that really know how it altered the files. It just sounded good that people say "set it up in an hour or less" I don't care really how long it takes, not in a real rush, just wondered how hard the distro they ship it with would be to Speakup-enable. I played with Webmin on a provider I was going to put a blog up on once and sometimes those front ends aren't perfect but they help newbies out.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Shang" <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: making distros like Asterisk at Home talkfrominstallupthroughdaily use

Hi,

Not that I'm aware of, but that's not the point.  This is a PBX, not a
telephone. It's almost necessarily complex. If you're looking to use a web
front-end in order to make it easier to use, then you may do well to
consider whether this is something you really want to get into.

I'm certain that using a front-end will come back to bite you in the end, so
I say "dive straight in".

Geoff.