To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: fedora core core 3 or core 5?

Well, after upgrading from FC4 to FC5, I sure wish there were a way for installed packages to follow along. Yes, I guess even windows, we must reinstall items, but it would sure be a wonderful linux improvement. One of the file sharing programs, mutella, will not compile now because of a later gcc compiler. Also, and I don't know how much its configureable, but tab completion here in TCSH is not working well. Before, I could type some of a file name--and it would beep-and-read all the choices. Well, now, seemingly if its not an exact match--and there are multiple choices, it just beeps--and doesn't read any of them.
Hart