Some Nano Questions?

Hi All: I am trying to use nano more often than pico. Even after I mention that editor in the Lynx config, it still runs pico instead. Next, how can I run a global search-and-replace? The manual implies a function kee which I don't have such as f14? And lastly, is their a way like world-perfect where I can block text and move it to another file?
Thanks much in advance
Hart