Re: brltty on graphic mode?

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 04:48:57PM +0800, coscell wrote:
> When I start Chinese console, brltty sais "screen not in text mode".
> How do I solve this problem? Thank you!

Just a quick answer, I'll develop more when I have time: for now, you'll
need to use a patched version of screen in that console (see brltty's
Documentation about using screen with it).

I guess your "Chinese console" is something like jfbterm and others,
which use the frame buffer for running a self-displaying terminal on it,
to which brltty has no access. These sort of terminals should some day
get modified for using AtSpi, which brltty would then be able to read.
But for now, the only solution I can see is using screen.

Regards,
Samuel