kernel and braille displays

Title: kernel and braille displays

HEllo!
ok, some final questions.
I have decided to change kernel from the 2.4.20-8 kernel that is included with redhat 9
However when I switch to the latest 2.6 kernel brltty stops working.
why this?
also , where can I find the braille voyager driver support?
My third problem is that the kernel modules that I selected as loadable modules are nowhere to be found.
I looked in the /lib/modules direcotry, but could only find modules for the old kernel.
where can they be?

kristoffer