To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 2:35 PM
Subject: Linux to the rescue, was Re: salvaging laptop files

Hi folks,
Just a quick update to let you all know that I was successful in locating a means by which to salvage the valuable documents from my laptop's hard drive. All I can say is, anyone who doesn't have a copy of SystemRescuecd should go get one now. Unlike every other boot medium I tried, it detected my network card and configured it automatically. Mounting my desktop's FTP server was also very easy, and within minutes of getting the CD to speak, I was transfering my files to the desktop. Yet again, Linux has saved the day.

Regards
Steve