fedora core 1 mkinitrd problem

I was doing a fedora core 1 install earlier with the speakup-HOWTO and got to the mkinitrd step and ran into what to me appears to be a strange problem. For background, all three yarrow discs passed integrity check and this is why I'm finding what happened strange. I do the line:

and get back the message that speakup_ltlk module couldn't be found aborting.
For now until I try to install something else that other computer is a paperweight. Fortunately pc-dos 2000 is on another computer able to back Linux up. How could the module not be found with a passing integrity check?