sharing files between BrailleNote and a Linux box

Hi All.

I received a new BrailleNote bt32 yesterday and was just wondering if anyone here's had any luck transferring files directly between the BN and a Linux machine.  Does there exist any kind of compatible Linux replacement for ActiveSync? I'm fairly sure i could do the job with a Compact Flash reader but would gladly settle for not buying one if I can avoid it.  How do people generally communicate between a Windows PDA and a Linux desktop.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Ben