From: "gumnos (Tim Chase)" <gumnos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux for blind general discussion" <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: Info about editor with macros

Well, although vi/vim has a learning curve like a brick-wall, vim does
support recording & playback of macros, as well as mapping various keys
to actions, and providing abbreviations, all of which greatly speed up
entry.  However, it does involve learning vi/vim.  I'm in *that* camp
(once you've invested the time to learn vi/vim well, it's got tremendous
payoff), so I can't tell you much about emacs, but suspect it has
similar abilities.

-tim