Re: Damaged Knoppics with Speakup

At 10:16 PM 1/24/04 -0500, you wrote:
yI'd really like to find a speakup patched veersion of gnopix that comes
in two iso images so that each iso can fit on a standard-sized cd.  I
couldn't get that to work with a 96 minute cd and overburning and just
about every other possible technique available and gave up on it.

Hello. The standard Knoppics without Speakup is 699 mb which will easily fit on a 80 minute CD. However, the iso on linux-speakup.org is 716 mb. Somehow about 17 mb needs to be removed, or at least enough to get it to fit. I don't mind doing that since I would like to get it working myself, but I am having network issues so I would have no way to transfer it. There is obviously enough interest in this so I will do what I can.

Another idea might be to write to the developer and see if he will include Speakup. I think he already includes brltty so it might not be too hard to add a Speakup patched kernel.

Finally, would you please send your notes on Bastille again? I am working on setting this up with Debian over ssh. I am not using Speakup but I am having some access problems. Tab works but I seem to have no way of knowing what is currently highlighted.