Re: BRLTTY 3.4 has been released.

Hi Dave and all,

First, thx Dave for this great announce and all this great work !

Now I want to react particularly to one point which interrests me :
Talking about Papenmeier drivers you wrote : "*  The Papenmeier driver
allows more time for the display to become ready." What do you mean
exactly ? I know that Papenmeier drivers are already working for
certains Papenmeier braille display today so ? Perhaps it is planed to
add more drivers for new Papenmeier braille displays ?
Personally I plan to buy a BRAILLEX EL Pocket but this braille display
works only through usb port and so it is not supported by BRLTTY
today. Do you have already heard about this braille display and do you
think it will be possible to make drivers for such braille displays
working only on usb port ? I know the Voyager braille display is
supported in the kernel+BRLTTY ? Perhaps something from this Voyager
driver should be used to make a driver for the BRAILLEX EL pocket ? I
don't know ...
Personally perhaps I can also search and find someone who will agree to
make a such driver (I can ask to all my friends from the biglux project
http://www.culte.org/projets/biglux/) but do you know who to contact
exactly from Papenmeier in order to present a such project and ask the
specs ?
Thx to have read me and I hope you can advice me,

Dave Mielke <dave@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Release 3.4 of BRLTTY is now available. It can be downloaded from BRLTTY's web
> site: http://mielke.cc/brltty/
>
> Highlights in this release include:
>
> *  BrlAPI is enabled by default.
> *  The OpenBSD operating system is supported.
> *  More than one driver can be built into a single brltty executable.
> *  A virtual braille display driver has been added.
> *  Several EuroBraille driver upgrades (including BrlAPI compatibility).
> *  The HandyTech keypad (Modular displays and Braille Star 80) is supported.
> *  The HandyTech Braillino is supported.
> *  The Papenmeier driver allows more time for the display to become ready.
> *  The TSI driver no longer hangs when falling back to 9600 baud.
> *  The Vario driver no longer hangs when the display is turned off and on.
> *  The VarioHT driver (Vario in HandyTech emulation mode) has been revived.
> *  Enhancements to Chinese big5 character set support.
> *  Enhancements to grade 2 English braille support.
> *  The Festival Lite text to speech engine from CMU is supported.
> *  The Theta text to speech engine from Cepstral is supported.
> *  The screen-3.9.11 patch has been fixed.
> *  A patch for screen-4.0.1 has been added.
> *  The .tbl extension for attributes tables is optional.
> *  The .ctb extension for contraction tables is optional.
> *  Optional table extensions and prefixes may be omitted when configuring.
> *  New make file targets to compile/uncompile text tables.
> *  Non-existent directories aren't reported when uninstalling.
> *  Support a deficiency in Linux frame buffer console character mapping.
> *  The brltty-config script has been added.
>
> For more details, see the ChangeLog. For even more details, see the source
> repository: svn log -r 159:360 svn://mielke.cc/main/brltty
>
> We hope you enjoy this release. Please do send us whatever feedback you have.
>
> --
> EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
> http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

Nath