Automatic More:

Hi,

Long ago in another lifetime, I was using AIX and set things up so that all
output to the terminal was automatically fed through more. If it would fit
on the screen more was invisible, and if it would cause scrolling more would
segment it. I _think_ I did it with a subshell that piped both 1 and 2
through more.

I've tried doing this on Linux using both more and less but couldn't get
them to be invisible if they weren't needed. I tried lots of switch
combinations but didn't hit on any that didn't disrupt the screen in short
outputs like a line or three. Does anyone have this working?

PLEASE do not waste my time with ideas you haven't tested. I've done a lot
of work with switches that _ought_ to work but didn't. But if you really
have a functioning system I'd sure like to know about it.

Currently, $LESS is -Fis; .lesskeys says to scroll the whole screen on a
PageDown.

Or if there's some method other than piping the output of a subshell, please
tell me that, too.

Thanks a bunch,

Lee