Re: Control code problems (was: Re: need 1 stripper

Well as I said in the first post, my terminal is dumb.
it's an old versaaabrailler with no terminal emulation.
Not a buggy emulation, zero emulation, zip, nada.
All the control codes come right thru with the text,
which makes many programs unreadable.

I think I could make a filter with sed if I knew the structure of
control codes.
They all start with escape, consist of numbers and semicolon,
but thats about all I know.
How could I get a total description of these codes?

Thanks.