Re: YASR & Festival

yasr already has a sort of modular synth model.
It should be fairly trivial to add another synthesizer.
One route you could try is use yasr's emacspeak server compatibility
mode and use espeakf.pl from espeakf.sf.net.  However, I did not
try this yet, so their might be incompatibilities.
If this doesnt work, the necessary C code to interface
yasr to festival directly shuld be writable in a leisure afternoon.
Festival is really simple to interface with.  You could
for instance use popen(3) and directly write to the pipe, as
gnome-speech and brltty do it.

--
CYa,