From: "David Csercsics" <kajarii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 14:37
Subject: Re: creating a bootable cd

> The way that I assume you're doing this is something like the following:
> You have a vanilla Debian CD. You have found the root disk image and
modified it so that brltty is on that image. You then put the root disk back
in it's place on the cd image. The Debian cD the last time I fiddled with it
used a 2.88 MB floppy (which has the root filesystem "rootb.in" that you've
hacked with BRLTTY as well as the rescue.bin floppy.) so all you should need
to do is tell your CD-Writing software you want it to emulate a 2.88 MB
floppy and assuming that everything else is configured correctly on the CD
image then it should boot as expected and you should get BRLTTY. It's worth
pointing out here that you need to make sure that your BIOS is capable of
booting from a CD and that the CD drive you wish to boot from appears
somewhere in yoru boot sequence before the hard disk. If all of that is true
then you should be able to boot your CD just fine.