Re: [UACCESS-L] Apple to Create Screen Reader for the Blind

thw operative word here is signed not sighted.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman B. Robinson" <norman_b_robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [UACCESS-L] Apple to Create Screen Reader for the Blind

I assume you are sincere and not trolling:

    Vision Loss: Definitions

Visual impairment: trouble seeing with one or both eyes even when
wearing glasses or contacts.

Severe visual impairment: inability to read ordinary newsprint even with
the best correction (glasses or contact lenses).

Low vision: vision that cannot be further improved by corrective lenses
or medical or surgical intervention, although low vision rehabilitation
may help someone to use remaining sight more effectively.

Legal blindness: a central visual acuity for distance of 20/200 or
poorer in the better eye with correction, or a field of vision no
greater than 20 degrees in widest diameter.

Functional blindness: no useful vision; clinically measured light
perception or less.

Hope that helps,

-Norman