Software reader for DAISY (my first beta tests)

Hi,

I downloaded the player and it worked quite well with the productions I
tested it with. However, it didn't show the characters å, ä ö and so on
correctly.
That was the case on both Linux and Windows. The encoding that was claimed
by the Daisy productions I tested with was iso8859-1 and windows-1252. Is
it something strange in the player, or my productions? They looks ok in
for example, LP-Player and TPB Reader, Windows DAISY players. Also,
iso-8859-1 is not a supported encoding under Windows, but that is to blame
iconv for.

It is a very nice player since it can read from Internet. I think it would
be nice if cursor keys could be used for navigation. This player will be
very nice to work on when it becomes open source.

My company has a product that generates Daisy from electronic documents
using speech synthesis. I tested the player with two productions:
daisy.phoneticom.com/daisycustomer/phoneticom/projects/wain/ncc.html
and
daisy.phoneticom.com/daisycustomer/phoneticom/projects/daisygen/ncc.html

The first one is the WAI guidelines, directly saved from the web, no
pre-processing. That's why there is some "crap" in the beginning.

Unfortunately, the player gets a segfault at the end of the last
production, but it works nice over the Internet.

Feel free to try it!

Fredrik