Slight problem with Emacspeak TTS server for DecTalk

Hi all
I have sucessfully compiled and installed Emacspeak, and the DecTalk software TTS. However, when I attempt to run the tcl script dtk-soft I think it is, I get an error saying that the command "signal" is not found.

I am running Slackware 9 with the stock tcl and tk packages. Is there any other package I have to install to get this command that I am unaware of?

Thanks

Luke