Re: Conversing Over LAN

This is a very old topic. You guys should have waited till I got back
from my vacation. :-) But I think I have a couple useful notes:

First, for Red Hat users only, it doesn't seem to be known generally
that one can download any package for your distro from rhn. To do so:

a. If you have a demo account that is no longer valid (expired or for a
different RH version) sign onto RHN and delete it. Then establish a new
demo account. Do this at rhn.redhat.com.

b. From a working account, log in as above, then select Software from
the bar across the top, skip down past all the ISOs to the relevant
channel (for example, Red Hat Linux 8.0), go over to the number of
packages (1439 I think), and click on that. You get a list of every
package in the distro, broken up into 20 or so items per screen. Scroll
through the list if you can't find the package by searching.

As for SSH, I haven't tried PUTTY but do have scripts for the Windows
client from www.ssh.com. Its cursor doesn't blink which makes it harder
to support. My scripts are Braille-oriented and should work in all
versions of Jaws except 4.50 (they do work in 4.51). Daddy's cautiously
proud of his baby, so let me know if it looks interesting. Speech
debugging shouldn't be hard to add if this is needed, and I'm even
mildly interested in doing so.

Lee