Re: serial installation of Redhat 9.0

Hi Sergey,

VT100 and VT102 are not significantly different. I do not remember
anymore what the exact difference was when I used real terminals but you
should be fine. I use a mix of VT-1xx emulators many times connecting
to Sun, IBM, or other systems without a keyboard and monitor installed
in computer racks.

You should be able to get communicate with any PC over RS232. Just need
to select either /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 port.

To enable access to linux box from other machines over RS232 I would
check

file /etc/inittab where you will find something like

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2

and add a line
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty /dev/ttyS0

to enable terminal access. I haven't tested this but believe it should
work.

I'm not familar with other stuff though.

--
Rafael