system backup persistent and major difficulties

I tried installing mondo rescue after having installed mindi for that
version and mondo rescue will neither install nor run.  It's missing at
least newt.h.  anyone have ideas as to what I can do for this?  A second
problem was lg-91's article by Allen Keates on easy backup and resores
with slackware.  Since the tomsrtbt cdrom image isn't available with
speakup built in yet it appears this second method is also unworkable.
That image needs to be talking in order to boot from CD and for me to know
what's happening as it happens.  I have another bash script I'm building
to do my own system backups.

--
Registered as user #315636 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org/!