Re: debugging Magma.sh info

Your messages make it sound like you might be
running a pre-alpha (very new, buggy) version.
Open Source software changes and improves very
quickly.  Many problems can fixed by simply
upgrading to the latest STABLE version (usually
you avoid development versions, unless you are
contributing to the project, and have enough
experience with dealing with the bugs).  So you
often should check on versions first, and
sometimes it is easier to wait a week or a month
for a better version, than to hassle with a problem
yourself.

So what version are you using?  The latest is:
Magma-1.3.1.tar.gz

The variable you were having trouble with (showed
as empty in your error statement) should be set in
your local config file, and the most recent
version has config support in it.  Please read the
traditional README and INSTALL files before
requesting more help, as well as any other help
and documentation files (always a good idea, and
part of good nettiquette, as some FAQs will tell
you).

Also, many package specific problems are better
dealt with on the mailing list for that package or
utility, or, as a last resort, by contacting the
author (we don't want to distract him from
improving the stuff we use, for routine problems).
And it is off topic for this list, unless the
problem is a blind/VI specific one, and this is
not.  If you were asking for help to get yasr, or
another screen reader working, so you could
natively read documentation for yasr: that might
be on topic, assuming you couldn't come up with
another way to access the docs.  Note that many
listers will simply ignore off topic messages,
though we tend to be much more tolerant with new
users who don't yet understand the community
culture, or know where the proper help sources
are: for that last, see the blinux FAQ, and the
help sources it points to.

Best wishes, LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get
incompatibility and instability instead.  This is
award winning "innovation".  Find out how MS holds
your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at
http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html