Re: Introduction

hi,
a good portion of us are totally blind linux users.
now depending on how much screen access you want to linux, there are
a couple of options for you.
you can either go the route of speakup,
http://www.linux-speakup.org
this screen review package for the moment supports a few hardware
synthesisers the list of which can be found at the url above,
there's work in progress for supporting festival which is a software
synthesiser that can run on the GNU/Linux platform.
there's emacspeak which I seem to have lost the url for,
and brltty if you want to use a braille display.
which again I can't find the url for.
however,
there's good and bad things about each but I can't comment on them as I
haven't overly used either emacspeak or brltty.
come to think of it, I ain't used yasr either. which is yet another
screen access program.
as you can see, there's a few routes you can take.
for my money however, if  you want to know what happens and be able to
perform a full install right from partition to format to instal and
configuration,
my money's with speakup or brltty.
hth
in some small way anyawys.

Thus spake Jes and Harley,
> Hi all,
> My name is Jes, from the U.S.A and I am very interested in the Linux operating system. Windows is ok for what it is, but I've had
> more trouble than its worth in windows and I just am interested in experimenting and making a decision about whether I want Linux
> as an option. If any of you want to relate some of your experiences in using Linux please send them too the following email
> address:
> jesman598@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks, and I hope to learn a lot on this list. By the way, I am also totally blind> Take care

Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!"

EMAIL: shaun_oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile #mauisun