Re: VI quick reference guide?

On 08/06/03  3:50 PM +0100, Guy Abandon. wrote:
> I know I was recommended against using VI, but it appears stable and
> the command mode makes a good readonly mode.  MAN notwithstanding, is
> there any kind of quick lookup table of this utility's functions and
> key combinations  please and where?

Chances are that if you are using slackware 9 you aren't really using
vi, but elvis or vim or another vi clone. If it is vim then you most
likely have a vimtutor command that will work through a tutorial with
you on the keystrokes. Within vi you can try :help (note the colon) and
it should give you a list of topics on which help is available, then
:help topic will show you more specific help on key strokes and the
like.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.