Re: mp3-cd

OK, Pawel. Now I understand this is a somewhat different question.

In my experience different devices handle organization of data on CD
ROMs differently, so you have to find out what the player you will use
supports.

I think pretty much most will play the files if they're in the root of
the CDR--if they play mp3 at all. Some will read play lists or use a
discinfo.html file. Others will find directories and let you work your
way through those--but that might be something that's not very
accessible since these devices depend on you seen a tiny lcd screen.

If you don't have a device yet, you might want to hold out for one of
the forthcoming DAISY book players that also play audio CD and mp3 from
CDR. Both Visuaide and Telex have devices that do this.

Pawel Loba writes:
> From: Pawel Loba <pl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi: Thanks Janina. Never mind the format of these files which I want to
> put on a cd, personally I prefer ogg but not all of the portable player,
> if any, can play oggs.
>
> I have no problem to record bunch of ogg or mp3 files on
> a given cd but what makes them playable on a given player, does cd have
> to contain some kind of playlist file or table of contents or something
> else, I simply don't know and wanted to get some document I could read
> about from.
>
> Thanks,
> Pawel.
>
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Janina Sajka wrote:
>
> > man cdrecord
> >
> > But, forget the mp3 stuff. Use ogg or flac.
> >
> > Pawel Loba writes:
> > > From: Pawel Loba <pl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > Hi:
> > > Hi:
> > > Can you pint me out to any documentation related to mp3-cd creation under
> > > linux?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Pawel.

				Janina Sajka, Director