Re: Call Centre Job

Emacspeak:  my reaction is to say yes and it is one of my objectives
to get up and running.  I'm still not the best opinion though as I'm
still struggling with basics like mail.  My train of thought is - it
wouldn't involve a kernal patch or that level of rebuild to the
computer, so should be regarded as more acceptable by the employer.
Opinions differ how easy or difficult it is to set up and get working,
I'm yet to find out for myself.  I remain enthusiastic and keen
though.
A software synth/speech through the sound card is the economic option
again if you or the employer has no means of getting the external
devices paid for. This introduces a third element to install and get
working and as such, add to the scope for complexity though.  Festival
doesn't seem to be mentioned here very often yet, but is now the
default software speech engine since the IBM ViaVoice product is not
readily supported much any nore.  This point has been raised quite a
lot recently.

GA!