Re: Speakup default preference settings

On 08/02/03 12:27 PM +0100, Guy Abandon. wrote:
> Could someone offer a clue how to either - get them set to my
> preference and stay that way when next reboot, or to put something in
> my .profile or something to restore them when I login.  I prefer the
> former so that settings are common whether on as me or root.

What I have done to make speakup's settings somewhat permanent is to
copy the whole /proc/speakup tree into somewhere like /etc/speakup and
then copy it back to /proc/speakup on next reboot. This can be done by
one of your init scripts, (I.E. something in /etc/init.d and linked in
/etc/rcx.d where x is a run level, or if using slackware
/etc/rc.d/rc.local. I have an init script that loads the speakup modules and copies my settings on a debian system, but i am using the beta version of speakup so that might not work for anyone else. Good luck.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.