Re: RedHat9 and speach

There are a couple of ways to get Red Hat 9 working with speech.  If you
have a hardware synthesizer, you might want to try Speakup, which is
available from linux-speakup.org.  If not, you can use a program called
Yasr which is available from yasr.sourceforge.net and includes
instructions on how to get it to work with Flite.  You could also try
Emacspeak, which is included with Red Hat, and goes through Emacs.
There should be instructions in the docs as to how to get it wo work
with Flite as well.  If you are looking for something for the standard
desktop, you can try Gnopernicus, but development is still progressing
on that, and not all applications will speak with it.  It does, however,
have a magnifier which does seem to work with all apps if that will be
useful.  If you want to know more about this one, you can email me and I
will send a script to get it installed.
HTH.

Lorenzo Prince
happy Red Hat 9 user ;)
--
+#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)