Re: precompiled kernels

Your friendly user group has binaries by distribution:
ftp://www.tux.org/pub/distributions/

specifically for redhat 9 RPMs:
ftp://www.tux.org/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/9/en/os/i386

and the latest kernel:
ftp://www.tux.org/pub/distributions/redhat/updates/9/en/os/i386/kernel-2.4.20-18.9.i386.rpm

Enjoy,

N.

Rafael Skodlar wrote:

Hi Kristoffer,

Yes, you can get some precompiled kernels packed as RPMs from RedHat.
But firstly, which distribution are you using?

Unfortunately I could not find 2.4.21 quickly on Redhat site for you. I
downoladed kernel-2.4.20-18 which fixes some security problems from
errata section yesterday so I know they have some there.

In order to compile efficient kernel for you one needs to know your
hardware very well. Send your config file if you can or the best
description of your hardware, mostly motherboard chipset, sundcard info,
SCSI adapter if available, etc. Include whatever is important in your
config.

Source for 2.4 version is at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/