Re: SV: labels

The label at the login prompt is your hostname, not the FQDN but the first part of the domain name for your computer.
If you don't have a domain name or a dynamic dns domain name you can I believe you can set this to whatever you want it
to be.  The hostname is usually set using the netconfig program, or if you are using Red Hat you can set it in
/etc/sysconfig/network.  There should be a line that looks womething like this:

HOSTNAME=thisismy.fqdn.com

As you can see above, the HOSTNAME variable in this file should contain your fully qualified domain name, if you have
one, or I guess anything you want it to say if you don't.

Hope this helps.

					Lorenzo
--
Intel engineering seem to have misheard Intel marketing strategy. The phrase
was "Divide and conquer" not "Divide and cock up"