Från: blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]För Christian Schoepplein
Skickat: den 10 juli 2003 15:15
Till: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Re: labels

Hi Kristoffer!

On Don, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:58:18 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> how can i set a label on a  hrd drive in linux?
> for example /dev/hda1

What exactly do you mean with label? Would you like to tell your system
that /dev/linux is the same like /dev/hda1? If this is so, try the
following:

ln -s /dev/hda /dev/linux

Or would you label the partition hda1? that can be reached with
tune2fs, if the filesystem on the partition is ext2. See

man tune2fs

for the usage.

> kristoffer

Regards