two major questions!

Hello,
I have two major questions. they are a bit related to each other because they point to viavoice.
first. I was listening to a program on acb radio main menu archive about the nopernicus screen reader. The person was demonstrating the software and to my surprise he was using viavoice. I was surprised because I had been informed that nopernicus will only work with redhat 9.0 and that viavoice doesn't work with redhat 9.0 for that matter. how can these two things go together? if some one has got a patch or fix for redhat 9 as far as viavoice is concerned, please let me know.
second thing. again if viavoice can't work with redhat 9.0, then what option do I have with yasr for a better sound quality. I can't stand the voice of eflite and don't think I can work with it. so am I really stuck in a treadoff? I Mean if I want to use yasr with viavoice (for better sound quality) I am forced to use redhat 8. and if I want to use nopernicus I have to use 9 and that to without viavoice?
Please let me know.