Re: Centrino CPU

Well the CPU is linux friendly, or linux knows how to
make friends but the wireless support isn't there yet.
You would have to get *another* wireless card to make
it work with linux.

For those who haven't read; "Centrino is a combination
of the new Pentium M processor, a mobile chipset, and
an 802.11b wireless chip". Intel hasn't released
drivers and it may take awhile until someone reverse
engineers the thing in linux.

Conspiracy theories abound:

http://www.idg.net/idgns/2003/03/25/IntelReadyingLinuxDriversForCentrino.shtml

I don't feel this is any different than when I got my
first laptop with a winmodem built in; I had to get a
real modem card until the software modem was ported.
Linux was worth the hassle! <smiles>

Regards,

Norman

http://sbc.yahoo.com