Linux, Windows or both

Hi!
I have a question as someone who would like to migrate to Linux.
I am thinking of saving up to buy a new PC but the thing is I am not sure
whether or not to just have a Linux only system or have windows as well.
I am looking at the pros and cons of both operating systems.
I presume that one of the pros in windows is that accessing web sites is
better in Windows than it is under Linux.
That is one thing which might put me off about having a Linux only system
because I am not sure how good browsers in Linux are for things like
shopping.
I know one of the ACB Radio team demonstrated Mozilla but hearing the report
on it, it still has a long way to go as regards accessability or reading
information correctly.
I find some of the cons as far as windows is concerned are that it seems
difficult to tell how much disk space you have, at least in JFW which I use
at the moment, I haven't yet found a way of giving me a status of a whole
drive.
The other downside I find with windows is the way usenet programs operate.
For example Outlook Express doesn't always seem to update when new postings
come in and sometimes I have to check Google just to find out if there are
updated articles.
I was pretty comfortable with the KA9Q program which demon used in DOS and I
have not found a windows Usenet reader which reads anyway near as good where
you can have control over incoming articles.
Maybe Linux has better programs for Usenet than Windows.
Whatever I decide, I would like some advice as to whether it might be better
to have both Windows and Linux.
If I stick to having windows on my new computer as well as Linux I am
thinking of changing my screenreader for windows anyway.
If I chose to have both Windows and Linux I am considering changing to
Windoweyes when I can test what it is like to use.