Re: brltty with the braille lite

On 06/21/03 11:55 AM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Don't worry. Just go ahead and install brltty and use it. I have a braille
> Lite 40 that I am using right now. Though it has a firmware date later
> than December 1999, I would be surprised if the older firmware didn't
> work.

Well that is the problem, it is not working. I have brltty installed and the logs say that it detects the braille lite 40, but the only thing I can get out of the braille lite are some clicks seemingly at random and about 30 seconds after starting brltty the brltty 3.2 message. Perhaps there is some buffering going on with the serial port or something? Thanks for any answers.

> If you need Braille Lite repairs, a good place to go is Computers &
> Assistive Technology, www.computersassisstivetech.com . They give much
> better service than the unmentionable FS.

Nah, I don't need repairs, i just wish they didn't charge $75 every 6
months for upgrades.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.