Re: accessing my linux box when recompiling my kernel

Hi Kristoffer,

I assume you are trying to do it this way because Windows box is giving
you sound capabilities to do the work.

You should be able to connect to Linux box over the net without problem.
All you need is to make sure that your IP number and other networking
parameters are correct on either computer.

You may start with setting up 192.168.1.0 network giving PCs numbers 1
and 2. Linux distributions have different locations and files for
network configuration. Redhat has network config related files under
/etc/sysconfig and Debian under /etc/network.

When you connect computers together you either ned cross over cable or
generic network cables with a hub.

As usual, kernel source is under /usr/src/linux.

--
Rafael