Re: Access to TECH Books Online

At 06/08/2003 11:54 AM, Darrell Shandrow wrote -

Darrell -

Unfortunately, there's simply no free lunch here.  :-)  Safari starts out at
$9.95 for five books;

I agree - I was unaware of how cheap Safari is.

public libraries subscribe to Books24X7, and you may be able to get free or
lower-cost access to that resource.

<G> Now I find out after I subscribed several months ago !

Bookshare already has most of
O'Reilly's Safari titles online, resulting from the partnership between
Benetech and O'Reilly and Associates.

I had checked out Bookshare a while back - and based on this I looked at their web site again. Unfortunately, they do not have a way to search by publisher. I chose to do a title search for words, such as

DNS

Sendmail

Linux

Nothing for the first 2 - and the third only had 2 or 3, and I don't believe any of them were O'Reilly's. If they have a lot of O'Reilly books they seem to be doing a good job of hiding them from me?

Any suggestions on a better way to find their books?

Does Bookshare have any other technical computer publisher on board?

Thanks

Debbie