Re: Triple-Talk Was Re: DECtalk Express. Consider Triple Talk Usb

Thus spake Mario Lang,

> As far as I remember, the Triple-Talk producer did not want people
> to write Open Source drivers for that.  That is what I found out
> some years ago on this list.  If that hasn't changed, I really dont want
> to support people like that.

Nobody wants to support or promote a product that requires people to
sign an mda for the release of source and specs.
for this reason, the trippletalk hasn't been included yet as a supported
synth for speakup. it's one of those ones we'll have to, if you'll
endulge me for a second, "feel our way with."
I am no coder by any stretch of the imagination but I would suspect that
working out command sets and what to put where would be a pain in the
ass even with the specs.
I don't wanna sound like I'm putting on the poor little me act but we
have it hard enough without people putting obsticles that really don't
need to be, in our way.
that's my $0.2 worth.

--
Shaun Oliver

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."

EMAIL: shaun_oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 76958435
MSN: blindman_2001@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: captain nemo 200