Re: URGENT ASSISTANCE/HELP (fwd)

When you have a problem with SPAM, please DO NOT send it in it's
entirety, nothing beyond first line of the body. We have enough of that
crap already. It's sad that Africans in this case, can't use their
brains for more than ripping off people around the world and killing
each other. I've seen my share of their stupidity.

I suggest you install Exim (http://www.exim.org) as a replacement for
(more than obsolete) Sendmail. Configure it to use spamassassin and
RBLs. Exim is much better and safer and easier to configure than
Sendmail. Postifix is another good alternative.

Using Exim I reject all email from spam pits like hotmail, yahoo, etc.
with exceptions of people I know.

If you manage your own MTA you can experiment with blocking all email
from servers that do not have RRs for their IPs. That cuts out most
dialups and nonstatic DSL lines, that's over 90% of spam.

I also firewall some networks on port 25. Those that are mainly dialup
services and don't have usable RRs in DNS.

My spam level is about 3 a week lately.

Next step is "white lists" where the only email that gets through has to
have entries in the white list. First timers would need to manualy add
their address in order to get the message through.

Your server might be an open relay. There are many tests you can do in
order to find that out. Search for rlytest scripts on the internet. Some
websites provide that service too.

--
Rafael